Church of Christ services were first held in Rogersville in 1871, according to an article published in the "Gospel Advocate" dated September 14, 1871. Granville Lipscomb is credited for leading the first services.

By 1903 the Rogersville church of Christ was a well organized congregation of the Lord's people. Members met in various locations across town in the early years before constructing a building of their own. Meeting locations included homes of the members, a Baptist church building and later in the historic Presbyterian church building (now owned by the city of Rogersville) after their morning services.

COCbelltower
1906

COC1950
1955

Desiring and needing a building of their own to worship in, Mr. and Mrs. Ira Bedingfield donated a parcel of land on the corner of Mackey and College Street where a large frame building was constructed.

The original frame structure with its distinctive bell tower was remodeled in 1927 to add classroom spaces for the growing congregation.

The removal of the original structure and construction began in 1954 on a more modern facility. During construction, members held services in the lunchroom of Lauderdale County High School (LCHS).

After nearly a year in construction, the new building was dedicated on Sunday, June 12, 1955.

COC2004
1968

2009RogCoC
2006

As the congregation continued to grow, additional classrooms were needed. Plans were made to construct a large auditorium and transform the old auditorium space into much needed classrooms.

Planning and construction continued through February 1968. The larger facility was used until September 2004 when it was demolished to make room for the new facility.

On November 5th, 2006 dedication services were held in our current building.

The Education (south) wing has three levels with classrooms in the basement and ground level. Two Learning Centers, an additional classroom and a teacher's supply room occupy the 2nd floor. The auditorium with its (elevator accessible) balcony will comfortably seat 650.

The West wing houses additional classrooms as well as the church's library and office spaces for the ministers and secretary.

Paintings By: Martha Rose Ezell